Stan Adler, Chairman and Creative Director
- 1 cup quinoa prepared as per box instructions
- 15-oz. can of black beans
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced pepper (any color)
- 1/2 cup cooked corn (canned — 4 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups flavored breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Non-stick pan, bowl
- 20 burgers
- Saute onions, pepper, corn, arugula and basil until soft.
- Mash beans and quinoa in a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, eggs, spices and sautéed onions, pepper, corn, arugula and basil.
- Form into patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place in a pan on medium/low heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil or bake at 400° on cookie sheet with parchment paper until browned (about 15 minutes). Flip and bake the other side for 10 more minutes.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
My wife challenged me to try and develop a recipe with ingredients that are actually good for you. I bravely picked up the gauntlet and this recipe, after four failed attempts, is the result. Even my son, who is a committed carnivore, loves it. It makes about 20 burgers and they taste good reheated as leftovers.